Blog Contest: Assess The Trail Blazers Through Twenty Games
Welcome to the first of four blogging contests!
Last year we launched the Trail Blazers Bloggers Network. Since then, many of you fans have engaged in sharing and discussing your passion for and ideas about the team. You are incredibly talented bloggers and write engaging, though-provoking, funny and moving stories. Here at the Bloggers Network we’ve taken notice.
To thank you all for your dedication we’ve designed a blog contest to give you the opportunity to win access to the ultimate source of writing ideas: the players.
You write, we read, you can win.
Here’s how it works. We’ve chosen a topic for you to write about, you can take it in ANY direction you want, be creative! In one week we’ll take a look at all the entries and select the best one to be featured on the homepage of trailblazers.com AND to win media credentials to a game.
What does it mean to have media credentials, you ask? It means you will get to watch the Trail Blazers warm-up from the floor at the Rose Garden before the arena opens, listen to Nate McMillan’s pre-game chat, watch the game from media row AND get to interview the players post-game in the locker room. It’s a pretty big deal.
After the experience you’ll undoubtedly have oodles to write about!
Details for the first contest:
- TOPIC: The Trail Blazers season through twenty games, 12-8 record. Be creative!
- PRIZE DATE: Wednesday, February 8th vs. Houston Rockets. Pre-game shoot around starts at 4:30pm.
- CONTEST DATES: 1/30/2012 at 12:01pm PT to 2/5/2012 at 3:00pm PT
- OFFICIAL RULES
Here are a few tips:
- Write about the selected topic, you can take it in any direction as long as it covers the topic
- Edit and proof-read your piece
- Add a photo or two, pictures enhance the reader’s experience
- Submit your story on time
- MAKE SURE YOU CAN ATTEND THE GAME!!
Happy blogging and GOOD LUCK!!