Some (or all) of you are probably sick of being told who to vote for so soon after the 2012 elections, so I won't insist you vote for LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum and Wesley Matthews for the 2013 All-Star Game in Houston. But if you are a good Trail Blazers fan, as I know you all are, you'll want to vote for LA, Nic and Wesley, early and often.
And this year, you'll have plenty of options when it comes to how you log your vote. The old paper ballots are gone (along with the "center" distinction), but those hard copies have been replaced with a litany of other options, which are as follows:
• There's the old fashioned voting on NBA.com
. Hit the "add" button by the name of the player you want to vote for (you don't have to fill out the entire ballot, just like in real life voting), decipher the word verification, then hit "Vote Now!" and viola, you're done. You can vote in this fashion once a day.
• To vote via Twitter, you must include the hash tag #NBABALLOT along with a hash tag and the first and last name of the player you're voting for. So in the case of LaMarcus Aldridge, your tweet should read "#NBABALLOT LaMarcus Aldridge". You can vote via Twitter once a day.
• If you use the NBA Game Time App, which is available both for iOS and Android, you can vote via the app. It works well. (By the way, you can download our new Trail Blazers app
for iOS, with Android coming soon.)
• If you'd like to vote via text message, text the player's last name (in our case "Aldridge", "Batum", and "Matthews) to 69622 (that's "MYNBA" for those of you who prefer to remember letters). You can vote for 10 different players per day, per phone using this method. And as always, standard text messaging rates apply.
• If you live in China and somehow found your way to this blog (if that's the case, 你好
), you can vote using Sina Wiebo
and Tencent QQ.
• And finally, you can vote via the NBA's Facebook pag
e, though to be honest, I'm not exactly sure how this way is any different than just navigating to NBA.com
. But then again, Facebook!
Voting is open now and and will conclude on Jan. 14, 2013. Just a reminder that the voting only applies to the starting lineups for the All-Star game, which will be announce on Jan. 17, with that the rest of the rosters being selected by head coaches. The 2013 All-Star Game will take place on Feb. 17.