It's hard to imagine Damian Lillard having a more impressive start to his professional career. Many thought Lillard, despite coming out of Weber State, would be NBA-ready, but few, if any, projected he'd put up the numbers he has this early.
In order to keep you apprised of the historic nature of the start of Lillard's NBA career, please enjoy these interesting statistical notes compiled by our basketball communications staff. Keep them handy the next time someone tries to call you a homer for comparing Lillard to, say, Isiah Thomas.
• With 23 points and 11 assists, Damian Lillard joins Oscar Robertson and Isiah Thomas as the only players in NBA history with at least 20 points and 10 assists in their NBA debut.
• Damian Lillard is the first player with at least 21 points and nine assists in his first career game since LeBron James did it on Oct. 29, 2003.
• Damian Lillard’s 11 assists are the most by a player in his NBA debut since Jason Kidd’s 11 assists in 1994.
• With 20 points and nine assists against Houston on Nov 3, Damian Lillard joined Oscar Robertson as the only players in NBA history with at least 20 points and seven assists in their first three career games.
• Lillard also joined Geoff Petrie as the only players in Trail Blazers history to score at least 20 points in their first three NBA games.
• Damian Lillard is the first NBA player to score at least 20 points in each of his first three NBA games since Grant Hill in 1994.
• Damian Lillard leads all rookies in points (21.3 ppg), assists (9.0 apt) and minutes (38.3 mpg).